Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Starting the Intrigue series

When I started thinking about the first book in the series, I wanted something that would establish the setting and the type of rough and ready heroes I wanted to focus on. I started by reading real-life adventures of Navy SEAL's. The more I read, the more fascinated I became. For my books I wanted to the mystery to involve talents and skills these men would be uniquely qualified for and the type of mystery that the police or regular law enforcement would not be able to take care of. And I wanted a setting to pull in their cowboy roots and values.

I found all that in Cutter Martin and Linney Kingston's story, plus a lot more. Tune in again when I'll talk about setting up the story. And if you know others interested in writing in general, writing romantic suspense or writing for Harlequin Intrigue, please send them to the site.

Your questions are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Joanna, I too will send some readers over. I will go post on my blog about your book out and too the blog you have going about the actual stories as well as the process you are going through in writing this series!

    I have read some SEAL's stories before as well as cowboys but not much of them being both at the same time! That makes it so unique too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you let me know if that is ok, thanks Joanna.
    tbranxiety @ yahoo . com

    ReplyDelete